miércoles, 12 de noviembre de 2008

Hermosa Beer

Yesterday was cool. I had a call from a girl in college who wanted to talk about what is different between Spain and USA. The point was focused in education and my background. Why my background? Because my social-status changes my point of view about education.

I met the Roselle (this was the name of the girl) at 16:00 when the appointment was at 15:30 in the Best Buy on PCH and Hawthorne. I was drinking a coffee and doing my stuff when she came with his boyfriend playing some strange instrument. It was something like a Hawaiian guitar. –Are you Pablo? - -Hum…yeah, sit down-. Well, she didn’t ask too much, superficial questions, if we have some different food in ‘our’ McDonalds…What do I suppose to answer?

After thirty minutes they asked to drive me home but on the way, we went to watched Lakers’ match and dinner. At that point of the night things started to be better. I ordered a cheese pizza and beer and the ordered coke and I-don’t-know-what-kind-of-burger. Was restaurant’s happy hour and it was, at least for me because beer was cheap and I drank three mugs of Stella Artois and Budweiser. We talk about something quite interesting, why the Americans talk to you in the restrooms. We went to that topic when I came back from the urinary. An old man was talking to me without reason, beside me, looking to the roof (at least he was looking to the roof), what the hell I have to do in that situation? We realise that if you are drunk that reaction is ok, you don’t really care about your behaviour but if you are not, come on, don’t talk to me, even if this is California, Los Angeles, Hermosa Pier or whatever!

We had a nice night talking about sports, music (the boyfriend is a musician and we talk about midi music and weird instruments), and art. It seams that they had watched all the movies of the world even those that you can only find in e-mule or download by P2P.

Was around 10:00 o’clock we went home, we talk a little bit more and that’s all. I think I will call them next time, why not? I think they were pretty cool.

It what happens when you have beer, Lakers’ match and beer.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Good work, man. Beuno escrituro.

Pablo Serrano dijo...

Well, at least I am trying body!